CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Girl In The Field



I see her almost every night
In a spot of moonlight
Maybe in a field or even in my arms
I hold her tight
She never speaks
Or when she does, you know she keeps
A deadly secret all to herself
She'll never let it go

She seems so beautiful
Black hair and opalescent skin
She'll keep me company any day, any night
But there's something missing

I ask one day, might she lay with me
Her eyes grow wide as she agrees
I ask for her story
But as always she'll avoid me
Her beauty is much too grand to keep it hidden
I want her to meet all my friends
Her face runs cold and her voice so still
"Let me tell you a story,

They won't see me as you do
They won't understand our friendship as I do
There was a girl, who never knew of love
She spent all her time alone
She never wanted it be like this
But she knew she wouldn't be missed
I left it all behind, where I once lived
Where I was a kid
Now, to anyone, at most
I'm just a ghost."

0 comments: